Cancellations: If a guest cancels more than 30 days before the start of their stay ,the deposit [or 30% of the stay if paid in full ] will not be refunded.
Guests who cancel within 30 days of the start of the stay will not receive any refund or be able to change holiday dates.
We do not offer refunds or move dates for no shows.
We recommend that guests take out uk holiday insurance to cover them in the event that they need to cancel or cut short their stay due to illness or other reasons.
Staycation policies include:
You can also search for other uk insurance with moneysupermarket.com/travel-insurance or comparethemarket.com/travel-insurance.
Damages & breakages: Guests will find an inventory when they arrive at their pod. Items that are missing, broken , damaged or melted during your stay must be paid for. The inventory gives the replacement cost of each item. Cash to replace items should be left in envelope provided in your welcome folder or we can take card payment from the garden cabin.
Please let us know if anything more serious than inventory items are broken or damaged. We will take the cost of any items from any security deposit ( if applicable ).
Smoking ( including e- cigarettes ) is strictly prohibited inside the pods. If a pod as to be deep cleaned due to smoking we will take the full security deposit to cover the cost.
Noise restrictions: We ask that guests are respectful of other guests onsite and we ask that noise is kept to a minimum after 10 pm . We also ask that no music is played outside of the pods at anytime for the comfort of all our guests.
Dogs: We allow well behaved dogs in our pods , we ask that you do not let your dogs on any furnishing and beds in the pods. We have a outdoor trough with brush and running water to clean your dogs so we ask that you do not let your dogs into the pods if they are wet or dirty.
If we find any mess or damage we will take the cost from your security deposit.
Please keep your dogs on a lead whilst on site there is a bridal way either side of the site with a bin for your dog waste.
Check in time is 3pm: We ask guests not to arrive any earlier to give us time to prepare the pods and hot tubs.
Check out time is 10am: We ask that you depart on time so we can prepare the pods and hot tubs for the next arrivals.
We take great pride in our pods and we ask that guests leave their pods clean and tidy before leaving. We expect guests to:
- Empty bins in kitchen and bathroom and take them to the bin area near the car park. Wash dry and put away any dishes utensils and pans.
- Wipe down sink, hob , oven and worktops.
- Empty the fridge and freezer compartment and wipe out inside. Place all used towels inside of shower.
We supply everything you need to keep your pod clean during your stay. in the pods you will find washing-up liquid, washing up brush, microfibre cloth, scourer, all purpose spray, kitchen roll, dustpan and brush.
In your shower room cupboard you will find a range of products including bathroom spray, toilet cleaner and cloths to keep your shower room clean.
There is a electric sweeper in the laundry room please feel free to ask if you need it. We will change the beds and empty firepits.
Hot tub rules:
- Do not exceed the maximum numbers of bathers in the hot tub ( up to a maximum of 2 people ) The hot tub cover must be in place and locked when not in use.
- No child under four should use the hot tub due to risk of overheating. Children must be supervised at all times in and around the hot tubs.
- Children must be able to stand on the bottom with their head fully above the water level. Children should spend no more than 15 to 20 minutes in a hot tub.
- Strictly no glass must be taken in or around the hot tubs( wine glasses, water glasses, glass bottles ) please use the plastic glasses provided in your pods.
- No candles, smoking or eating in or on the tubs.
- All hot tub users must shower before using the tub. Do not wear creams, body oil or fake tan in the tub.
- Do not pour oil, soap or any other product into the water.
- Wear outdoor footwear before getting into the tub to avoid takings particles into the water. Do not use the tub if the water temperature exceeds 40 degrees.
- NHS guidelines suggest that you do not use a hot tub whilst pregnant due to the risk of over heating, dehydration or fainting.
- Seek medical advise if you have a medical issue, for example heart or respiratory problems.
- Do not use the tub if you have a rash or broken skin, have experienced diarrhoea or vomiting in the last 48 hours, have a fever or flu-like symptoms.
- If you feel hot get out of the hot tub and take a break.
- Take regular breaks when bathing in the hot tub to avoid overheating and dehydration. Avoid dehydration when using the hot tub by drinking plenty of water.
- Do not use the hot tub if you are under the influence of alcohol or sedatives. Do not jump into or out of the hot tub.
- Take care when getting into or out of the hot tub due to risk of slipping on wet surfaces. Any problems with the hot tub must be reported immediately , including any damage.
A security deposit of £100 is required before guests check in. Guests will be sent a email seven days before arrival to confirm card details.
The £100 security deposit will be reserved at 6am on the morning of arrival.
The security deposit will be refunded within two days of departure if there are no damages, losses or additional cleaning required.
Any cost to repair or replace damaged or missing items will be taken from the security deposit. Guests should take extra care not to damage hot tubs and lids.
A cleaning charge of £40 will be taken from the security deposit for any pod found to be unclean or messy.
Each pod has an inventory for small breakages which have to be paid in cash in the envelope provided or by card at the garden cabin. the cost of any unpaid items will be taken from your security deposit.